Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
January 2nd, 2006 at 01:44am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Pretty Like Drugs:
Feminism definitely still exists, but no matter what men believe, I think women are beginning to fight feminism and challenging feminism beliefs by doing... well, non-feminist stuff, and it seems men are beginning to accept it.
On the other hand, I do agree with spill_no_sick, but then, so many woman promote that image it's not funny. I'm not blaming them, I don't know their situations, but it doesn't help the rest of us.
I don't believe in it myself. I mean, heck, I can't cook, I'd have to marry a guy who can/will for me. And if he tries to tell me what my place is, what I should be doing, I'll bruise his balls.

I would never put myself in a relationship like that in the first place.
Yeah, but I'm bad at judging people's characters
Dom
Jackass
Dom
January 2nd, 2006 at 07:21am
I'm not sure, Most animals in nature have the female staying at 'home' looking after its young. But we've evolved so that women can do and do do pretty much anything a man can. However, I don't think that women should be allowed to fight in the army, atleast not on the front line.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 07:31am
Dom:
I'm not sure, Most animals in nature have the female staying at 'home' looking after its young.

Most animals in nature have no problem with mating with their parents and then eating the young alive Shocked . Obviously, I'm not advocating cannibalism or incest....So its a pretty good job we have evolved, isn't it?
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 2nd, 2006 at 08:32am
Dom:
I'm not sure, Most animals in nature have the female staying at 'home' looking after its young. But we've evolved so that women can do and do do pretty much anything a man can. However, I don't think that women should be allowed to fight in the army, atleast not on the front line.

Why not? I think women should be "allowed" to do whatever the fuck they want.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 2nd, 2006 at 08:56am
Being a fierce feminist myself, I find I cannot stand it when any male, including my dad, says anything that suggests it is a woman's role to do all the housework. I believe that women have had thousands of years of being degraded and thankfully those times are coming to an end. I mean, a man could beat up and lock up his wife until around the 1920s. He owned her, her belongings, EVERYTHING was his. Women were LESS than animals to men, they were nothing. Talk about 2nd class citizens? More like 4th or 5th even.
A woman's role IS to cook, to clean, to work. But I believe it is ALSO a man's job. Obviously there ARE differences between men and women, and there are some jobs that most women wouldn't be able to do. But women have possibly the most important task to do...childbirth. And for that reason alone (plus many others), I believe women should be respected, loved and cared for by their husbands. They are the giver of life.
Don't get me wrong though, women should respect, love and care FOR their husbands too. I'm not anti-male. I'm just anti-patriachal (if you can say that lol).
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 2nd, 2006 at 09:08am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Being a fierce feminist myself, I find I cannot stand it when any male, including my dad, says anything that suggests it is a woman's role to do all the housework. I believe that women have had thousands of years of being degraded and thankfully those times are coming to an end. I mean, a man could beat up and lock up his wife until around the 1920s. He owned her, her belongings, EVERYTHING was his. Women were LESS than animals to men, they were nothing. Talk about 2nd class citizens? More like 4th or 5th even.
A woman's role IS to cook, to clean, to work. But I believe it is ALSO a man's job. Obviously there ARE differences between men and women, and there are some jobs that most women wouldn't be able to do. But women have possibly the most important task to do...childbirth. And for that reason alone (plus many others), I believe women should be respected, loved and cared for by their husbands. They are the giver of life.
Don't get me wrong though, women should respect, love and care FOR their husbands too. I'm not anti-male. I'm just anti-patriachal (if you can say that lol).

- Cook me dinner, woman! Wash my clothes and do the dishes! It's your job.
- Oh sure, honey. I'll do all that. If you push a 7.5 lbs kid ass-first through your dick!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 09:09am
Faith:
- Oh sure, honey. I'll do all that. If you push a 7.5 lbs bastard ass-first through your dick!

Shocked
You don't want to know what kind of image I had in my head right then...
†walbot†
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
†walbot†
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:08am
I think that women have their strengths and weaknesses, as do men, making them equals.
+zero+
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
+zero+
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:09am
i belive that women are not slaves to man but even thoguh i have these thoguhts womens only true purpose is in bed and cleaning and cooking for the hard working man who slaves his ass off ALL day just so the family can have a place to live and food to eat. But then the wudnt be any food to eat if the women did not cook it.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:12am
+zero+:
i belive that women are not slaves to man but even thoguh i have these thoguhts womens only true purpose is in bed and cleaning and cooking for the hard working man who slaves his ass off ALL day just so the family can have a place to live and food to eat. But then the wudnt be any food to eat if the women did not cook it.

Confused
I have two points to make:

Women do go out to work in this day and age, y'know?

And men do cook food in this day and age too, y'know? Most famous chefs are men...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:15am
+zero+:

That was stupid, how many sterotypes did you use? First off you assumed the man would be working, thats not true, women are just as cabable of working and supporting families as men are. You also assumed if the man is working, then the woman isnt, My step dad works, but my mom hates staying at home all day so she works too. And why would you assume that the woman is the one who cooks, maybe she is the worst cook in the entire world, amybe she isnt, maybe they order out alot, you dont know, the common stereotypical situation that you were describing doesnt exist and assumptions like that are why women are considered inferior and less important than men.

+zero+:
i have these thoguhts womens only true purpose is in bed and cleaning

That was one of the most ignorant statements that has been made in this thread. Do you really need me to explain why?
+zero+
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
+zero+
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:16am
Bloodraine:
+zero+:

Confused
I have to points to make:

And men do cook food in this day and age too, y'know? Most famous chefs are men...
yes, true but men have the hardest jobs, like building industry for example, yes there are a few women in the hard industrys but not even comarable to the number of men working there.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:17am
+zero+:
Bloodraine:
+zero+:

Confused

yes, true but men have the hardest jobs, like building industry for example, yes there are a few women in the hard industrys but not even comarable to the number of men working there.

That's 'cos men don't have the will-power to want to do anything more intelectual.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:18am
+_Pledged_+:
+zero+:
Bloodraine:
+zero+:

Confused

That's 'cos men don't have the will-power to want to do anything more intelectual.

I'm being biasd there, MOST Men dont have the will-power.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:18am
+zero+:

Wow, I take back what I said, that was the most ignorant statement made in this thread.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:19am
+zero+:
Bloodraine:
+zero+:

Confused

Define hardest jobs.
Like Faith said earlier, I call childbirth a pretty hard job.

An example of an important job, a demanding job such as being a Nurse are quite usually a female-orientated job. (Obviously I'm generalizing here...)
†walbot†
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
†walbot†
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:21am
how can you say that most men dont have the willpower to do anything intellectual, when we see a large proportion of men working in science, architecture etc., jobs that require a lot of intelligence in most cases.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:22am
So your telling me jobs that use phyisical labor are harder? If your strong, really it would be fairly easy for you, and construction jobs require alot more than strength.

What about doctors, or brain surgeons? They have to work their ass off in school and are under stress everyday at work, what they do could mean life or death to someone else.

What about teachers, they prepare the rest of the kids for the rest of the world, teaching is a female dominated profession, but males are just as capable of doing it, and that is cerrtainly not an easy task.

What about rocket science? That is truely difficult, it doesnt require strenght, more witts.

Men and Womens jobs are interchangable, dont try to use that as a reason as to why women should limit themselves to cooking and cleaning.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:22am
walbot:
how can you say that most men dont have the willpower to do anything intellectual, when we see a large proportion of men working in science, architecture etc., jobs that require a lot of intelligence in most cases.

you seem to be saying that, your the one saying men have the hardest jobs that require labor. Rolling Eyes
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 2nd, 2006 at 11:23am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
walbot:

you seem to be saying that, your the one saying men have the hardest jobs that require labor. Rolling Eyes

That was not him, that was zero who said that.
Register