Feminism and a woman's place in the home.

AuthorMessage
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 7th, 2006 at 03:26pm
fender:
+_Pledged_+:
fender:
the majority of men in todays world do still think that the woman's place is in the home to cook, to look after the children and to pleasure them. even if they didnt the majority of the world's achievers and famous peole are mostly men because women have not been out of the home and in a position to achieve long enough to get hold of the riens. many of todays women are supressed and confined to their homes. its tragic, though women are alot more liberated, my mum is a feminist and she studied feminsim in college.

I wouldn't say the majority of famous people are men...

i dont mean fame as in like musicaly or acting, i mean it as in the development of the world and the grand theorists, if you look at the history of the development, Ienstine(theory of relativity), Marx (social theory), freud (psychotherapy theory), Sir Isaac Newton (gravity) all of whom are men, this is because during these times women were bound to the home to cook clean and bare children! that was what i was trying to say just a little unclearly!

Marie Curie, Mary Anderson, Madame Walker, do these not count as woman? There were woman in that era that contributed to that also.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2006 at 03:31pm
+_Pledged_+:
fender:
+_Pledged_+:
fender:
the majority of men in todays world do still think that the woman's place is in the home to cook, to look after the children and to pleasure them. even if they didnt the majority of the world's achievers and famous peole are mostly men because women have not been out of the home and in a position to achieve long enough to get hold of the riens. many of todays women are supressed and confined to their homes. its tragic, though women are alot more liberated, my mum is a feminist and she studied feminsim in college.

i dont mean fame as in like musicaly or acting, i mean it as in the development of the world and the grand theorists, if you look at the history of the development, Ienstine(theory of relativity), Marx (social theory), freud (psychotherapy theory), Sir Isaac Newton (gravity) all of whom are men, this is because during these times women were bound to the home to cook clean and bare children! that was what i was trying to say just a little unclearly!

Marie Curie, Mary Anderson, Madame Walker, do these not count as woman? There were woman in that era that contributed to that also.

There isnt any point in argueing with them about that, at that point in history the majority of women were working in the homes, there are exceptions, but the average woman was a homemaker. Im so glad that stereotype is being broken.
fender
Geek
fender
January 7th, 2006 at 04:08pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+_Pledged_+:
fender:
+_Pledged_+:
fender:

There isnt any point in argueing with them about that, at that point in history the majority of women were working in the homes, there are exceptions, but the average woman was a homemaker. Im so glad that stereotype is being broken.

you have a point yes they are all women, but they came a later peiod in time, at the times of all those men i mention women WERE bound to the home! and yes i am so glad that stereotype has been broken too because i personally want a life out side of my home...and an education! and to e considered equal to a man.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
January 7th, 2006 at 04:16pm
fender:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+_Pledged_+:
fender:
+_Pledged_+:
fender:

you have a point yes they are all women, but they came a later peiod in time, at the times of all those men i mention women WERE bound to the home! and yes i am so glad that stereotype has been broken too because i personally want a life out side of my home...and an education! and to e considered equal to a man.

You go gurlfriend Very Happy Heh, don't we all.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 7th, 2006 at 05:20pm
Bloodraine:
Incubus:
Bloodraine:
Incubus:
I'm not big on womens rights, I'd much prefer equal rights. Sure woman are discriminated against but so are men.
Woman can dress like men and nothings said about about it, but when men dress like woman they can ge thet shit ripped out of them.
How is that fair?
Look, there will always be men who think a woman's place is at home, and there are woman who feel the same because of how they've been bought up, but what's important is that woman no longer have to stay at home and can go out and be educated and get jobs and ect.
Sure sexisim still exsists but at least now woman have choices where as hundred years ago they didn't.

But in comparison to women, men recieve very little discrimination...Women are still seen as easier targets than men.

I don't think that's necessarily true, there's a lot of discrimination against men who want to do jobs that are seen as women's work, like if a man wants to be a nanny people assume he's gay, and some people would be suspicious of him and think he was soon sort of paedophile where as if a woman works at a job that's traditionally seen as man's job, its not half as bad for her.

That works both ways too, though.

How many female plummers, electricians, engineers, architects, builders do you know? If a woman wants to go for one of those jobs, most employers would ridicule her.

I know lots of female buliders and architects. My brother is training to be an architect and half the people in his class are female.
My dad also owns a plant hire Business and has serveral female builders. As far as I know none of them are being ridiculed, things have changed in the last ten or fifteen years, men know that woman can be just as technical and hands on as they are, you might get the odd sexist Neanderthal but the mayjority of men no longer see woman as being stupid, pretty things to look at with no real use.
Pretty and Demented
Jackass
Pretty and Demented
January 7th, 2006 at 05:22pm
Education is important in getting a career. I have a great career, I love my job. I now earn more than the combined salary of my parents, which would have been extremely rare a decade or so ago, when it was considered the norm for women to get paid less than men for the same job. I think things get better for each generation of women.
HavingAGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
January 8th, 2006 at 01:57am
I don't know why traditional female jobs such as, cooking, cleaning and raising the children are so frowned upon.

I mean if you saw a man do all these things you'd probably think he was being degraded. But why is it so degrading?

I don't agree with locking women up in a house and telling them they have to do it. But if they want to, why should it be so frowned upon?

It's kind of a natural thing really. The man went off and caught the food, and the woman cooked it. They both did their share, and it really shouldn't be viewed any differently.
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
January 8th, 2006 at 02:05am
What's sad is that during a barbeque in our family, the children get their food first (no problem with), then the women get the food for the men, then the women eat. What's so messed up about that is that one time, my aunt's boyfreind got her food and my other aunt got pissed! I was like, "WTF man?!? He's just being polite!" oi
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 8th, 2006 at 02:07am
I think America became more evolved when women started working.
Such as when most men went to war women had to get out there and work. So...women can do whatever they want Cool
HopelessAngel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
HopelessAngel
March 11th, 2006 at 03:52pm
its still alive and well. Actually, in my taekwondo class, theres a boy who's about, 13-14 and he says that i shouldnt be there, women are weak, women cant do anything.. and so on and so forth. I find it wrong that someone that young is seeing the world like that. Its not right.
imtwasidwelya
Geek
imtwasidwelya
March 13th, 2006 at 07:45am
Simple Solution to that one.....

The groin kicking contest to see who goes down first.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
March 13th, 2006 at 08:37am
HopelessAngel:
its still alive and well. Actually, in my taekwondo class, theres a boy who's about, 13-14 and he says that i shouldnt be there, women are weak, women cant do anything.. and so on and so forth. I find it wrong that someone that young is seeing the world like that. Its not right.
That's why i was proud to be the only girl in my karate level to not quit when it got about time for the green belt test.
There was about twenty of us, i was the only girl, they were all crying during sumo stance (pretty much, sit in a painful squat for 30 minutes) was i? no.
Oh, and i kicked all of their asses in the 10 rounds of sparring.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 13th, 2006 at 10:01am
they say that there is a good woman behind every sucessful man in my case i am beside my husband!
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
March 13th, 2006 at 09:30pm
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
HopelessAngel:
That's why i was proud to be the only girl in my karate level to not quit when it got about time for the green belt test.
There was about twenty of us, i was the only girl, they were all crying during sumo stance (pretty much, sit in a painful squat for 30 minutes) was i? no.
Oh, and i kicked all of their asses in the 10 rounds of sparring.

My sister does Kenpo and sparring. She can kick the majority of the guys in her school's asses any day.
Erin; Technophile
Post Whore
Erin; Technophile

Mibba
March 13th, 2006 at 09:44pm
imtwasidwelya:
Simple Solution to that one.....

The groin kicking contest to see who goes down first.
violence never solves anything

it may be a simple solution but its not the right solution
Fuck Off And Die!
Geek
Fuck Off And Die!
March 18th, 2006 at 03:24pm
I don`t think that cooking and cleaning is a women`s place in the home.
But some still see it that way. Sadly.
xXxFallen AngelxXx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xXxFallen AngelxXx
March 19th, 2006 at 06:51pm
i think that its a personal choice. some women want to stay home, others dont. its not really my thing but each to their own, if that makes any sense lol
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 20th, 2006 at 06:15am
xXxFallen AngelxXx:
i think that its a personal choice. some women want to stay home, others dont. its not really my thing but each to their own, if that makes any sense lol

yes it makes perfect sense "to me anyway"
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
March 21st, 2006 at 09:25pm
I personally don't think a woman's role has to be cooking & cleaning, but their choice, so w/e.
But I get annoyed when people over do the feminism thing , like "I hate men," or "All men are useless" etc, etc.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
March 21st, 2006 at 10:01pm
^_^Thrills&Chills^_^:
I personally don't think a woman's role has to be cooking & cleaning, but their choice, so w/e.
But I get annoyed when people over do the feminism thing , like "I hate men," or "All men are useless" etc, etc.
That's what we like to call "man-hating"
Register